Dakjjim By Ranveer Brar
Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for Dakjjim, a popular Korean chicken dish. In this recipe, the chicken is lightly fried and braised in soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice syrup and then sauteed veggies and rice noodles are added to it. This chicken is nice, tender and savoury.Read More
- 100 gm glass noodles
- 1 chicken breast (sliced)
- 2 inch ginger
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves
- 1 red bell pepper (small)
- 1 onion
- 8 to 10 dried red chilli
- 1 potato
- 5 to 6 mushrooms
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp rice syrup
- For garnish
- black sesame seeds
- white sesame seeds
- alfa alfa sprouts
- bean sprouts
- In a heated pan, add oil, dried red chilli and let it roast.
- Add the roasted chilli in a bowl. In the same pan, add crushed garlic cloves and saute.
- Add the chicken breast and toss it. Add the fried chicken in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add ginger, chopped potatoes and toss it.
- In a bowl, add oyster sauce, soya sauce, gochujang paste, brown sugar, rice syrup, water and mix it well.
- To the pan, add chopped onion, red bell pepper and toss it.
- Pour the sauce and mix it well.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms and toss it.
- Add water and let it boil. Add glass noodles, water and let it cook for two minutes.
- Garnish with red chilli, sprouts, sesame seeds and serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.